JAYJUN Cosmetic Real Water Brightening Black Mask Review

By Dyni Mela Zingiberni - 1:49 PM



Assalamualaykum~

This time, it's skincare! And because I am a fan of the almighty 10 Steps Korean Skincare, I, of course, will talk about probably my most favorite step which is sheet mask. Even before I religiously follow the 10 steps, I already am a fan of sheet mask since college because it's just so fun! Little did I know the benefits of this type of skincare and neither do I know about the benefits of using the sheet masks before. I simply applied on my face because I liked the feeling of my skin afterward. 

However now, since I also claim myself as a skincare lover, sheet masks mean so much more to me. I have tried so many brands with varieties of essence inside, tried many different sheets that is also one of the indicators of a good sheet mask, and feels mixed opinion about many brands in this area. Sheet masks are used daily as a night routine in Korean skincare and some of the Koreans even use this twice a day, in the morning and at night but since I live in such a tropical country, applying sheet mask in the morning is a little bit too much for my skin. So I keep this step as my night skincare regime only.

Speaking of Jayjun Cosmetic, I actually had no idea about this brand until I found this brand sold at my favorite's website. When I tried to search about this in Youtube, I also am informed that actually Jayjun is a brand of famous plastic surgery clinic in Korea so their products are designed to be suitable to achieve the Korean beauty standards. trust me, I'm not into the V-line super white face with aegyeo sal like what most girls in South Korea want but I've heard many goods reviews about this sheet mask in those Youtube videos so I'm excited to try!

Description

Jayjun has many types of this mask with different benefits, I choose to purchase this mask because it's so unique since the sheet is black colored. This is actually my first time trying a black sheet mask before. They also claim this mask to be brightening for our skin and also reduce wrinkle if used with the essence that is also included with this mask.

I also notice Jayjun include other skincare product alongside their sheet mask product. In one package, you'll find two or three steps and this Real Water Brightening Black Mask has two steps to follow before we apply the mask on our face.

Here are the information found on their website about each steps of this mask :

STEP 1 Real Water Cleansing Foam
The soft bubbles thoroughly remove skin waste and makeup residue giving you clear skin. The papaya extract helps with softening dead skin cells and different kinds of moisturizing ingredients prevent skin from drying after cleansing by supplying moisture and keep your skin moisturized.

STEP 2 Vita Snow Essence
The nutritious essence, which contains Niacinamide and Adenosine, makes your skin resilient and bright and a number of vitamins inside make your skin healthy.

STEP 3 Real Water Brightening Black Mask
This highly moisturizing water-full mask pack turns dry and rough skin into smooth and moist skin with ingredients such as Sodium Hyaluronate, Betaine and Ceramide and keeps your skin resilient and bright with Niacinamide and Adenosine


Packaging

Because I purchased the whole bundle, my masks came in a box case with 10 masks inside. The box is made of paper and the mask, essence, and cleansing foam are in one packaging but you can easily removed one from each other as it's actually packaged individually. The cleansing foam and the essence packaging reminds me of lots of samples I received when buying Korean products, they're meant to be used once but for the essence you can actually used it twice.

They used orange and brown as the main colors for their packaging. You can also easily tear to get the products inside, so no need to use scissor, my friend! This is such a good idea for travelling, I might say. 

   


Formula

Since they have 3 steps so I will be describing each of them also one by one. 

Real Water Cleansing Foam
This feels like your regular cleanser, it has a nice white color and the texture is like a cream. You'll be needing water to make the foam. It feels nice when applied on my face and it's actually not drying at all, you will feel your face well-cleaned without taking away the moisture like what felt with most facial foam.

      

Vita Snow Essence
This essence is a clear transparan gel that melts like water when you smear it on your face. I feel my face super watery in a good way after using this, of course I don't wait for this to fully dry out since I layer it immediately with the sheet mask as the last step of this product.

You can save the remaining essence and use it for the next day, however since I like my Benton Snail essence more so I just spread the leftover on my neck or even the back of my hands. And when applied on there, I can feel that it actually absorbs so fast to my skin.

      



Real Water Brightening Black Mask
Okay, this is the fun part! As mentioned before, this mask is black. The essence is just enough; it's not drench in essence like some other masks but just nicely coated on the surface of the sheet. I also believe that this black sheet is a little bit thicker than the regular sheet masks that are Jayjun's, even though I can list so many sheet masks at the market that are thicker than this black mask. 

The sheet mask itself has holes for your eyes, nose, and lips and they have nice size since it almost fits perfectly on my face. They actually have the type of hole for the eyes that are just a line, I think  that is for covering our eye lids and close your eyes wearing this mask, however I never really close my eyes using sheet mask so I just bend the eye cover and open my eyes as always.

This looks a little bit scary since I cannot even smile when using sheet mask 
Performance

This product is so easy and convenient to use and I brought this with me when I'm travelling since I don't have to bring my essence and facial foam if I use this. The facial foam works well on my skin, it has a nice feeling and doesn't feel drying at all. The essence is something I can really put my finger on it yet, since I wear the mask after this and I don't know if there's any benefit but I like how it feels on my skin. It is so light and not tacky at all. The mask... well, it is nice but not the best sheet mask I've used so far. I like their Baby Pure Shining Sheet Mask better - another Jayjun's sheet mask I've tried before that comes with Essence and Eye Cream.

The mask is supposedly to be taken off after 20 minutes but I always wait until I feel like it's the time to take off, 20 minutes are still left with so much essence and I know most people say that you can't leave it too long since it tends to dry out your skin but this method works best on me. I also don't like to waste product so I wait around 30 minutes before I remove the mask from my face.

My face definitely feels so moist after using this. It also gives you such a nice glow without looking greasy and nasty. I have to say you have to wait for two minutes for the essence of the mask completely absorb to your skin but it doesn't leave your skin sticky at all.

I've used this four times and honestly I don't feel the brightening effect at all. So it's kinda the minus point for me since other sheet mask I've tried give such an instant brightening like the Innisfree one and the Mediheal one. But this is not a bad product at all. It's just not like what it claims.

What I like about this product!
❤ So convenient since in one product there are 3 skincare products
❤ Travel friendly
❤ Doesn't break me up
❤ Doesn't feel sticky
❤ Mask is nicely fit on my face
❤ Value for money since it's only IDR 232.000 for 10 sheets with 3 products or around  $17.16

What I don't like about this product!
💔 Do not brightening like its claim
💔 The sheet is a little thicker than Jayjun's regular sheet mask
💔 Hard to find in Indonesia, even only some online shops provide this

Do I recommend this?
Yes for you who wants to try a different experience of sheet mask and also travels a lot. But not for you who wants the brightening effect to work.

Will I repurchase this?
Probably not since I enjoy using their Baby Pure Shining Mask more.


So see you in the next post!
    

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Kak bahasa indo aja dong reviewnyaaa.. Maaf ya kak aku kurang ngerti :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh iyaaa maaf ya :'( nantik2 pake bahasa indo kok hehe, ini karena kebetulan lagi males ngedit2 soalnya kalo bahasa inggris udah otomastis prrof-read :D

      Delete
  2. Praktis ya dalam 1 kemasan sudah ada masker, cleansing foam, sama essence untuk wajah, praktis untuk di bawa traveling tanpa repot2 bawa banyak skin care. :) maybe I will try it next week . Nice review beautiful
    Ravitamala.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Masker korea slalu saja berhasil merebut hati para skin care lover hehehehe....

    Coolatmoshpeer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. benar haha :D karena sheet mask mereka emang beragam dan bisa dipilih mau sesuai hati yang mana~

      Delete